What an exciting year 2016 has been for Artificial Intelligence! AI was certainly one of the most highly discussed business topics. And all signs are pointing to an even bigger year for AI in 2017. The topic of artificial intelligence seems to be showing up in just about every "top business trends for 2017" list.
Some interesting data points we've seen recently --
- Over 60% of enterprises will be using AI technologies by 2020 (Narrative Science)
- Within 3 years, 40% of enterprise investment in business analytics will be for predictive analytics tools 🤖 (Gartner)
One insight we've discovered in working with enterprise clients is that "AI" can be a vague and overwhelming topic. Business leaders typically know AI can help them grow their business, but are unsure exactly how, and if so, what the ROI might be and how long it will take to realize benefits. Coincidentally, we can help there 😀. A few tips to get started -
- Begin by focusing on a discrete use case. AI can do a lot - but don't try to tackle everything at once. By focusing on a discrete and tangible use case (ex. T&E expense audit) it's easy to see the benefits of implementation and calculate an ROI with high confidence
- Check out the links below for ideas on AI use cases (and follow us on Twitter or LinkedIn if you want to stay abreast of the latest advancements in AI for business)
- Attend one of the many "AI for business" conferences in 2017. See below for a few we'll be attending. Hope to see you there!
We hope you've had a successful 2016 and we look forward to working with you in 2017!
🎉 Best wishes for 2017! 🎉
-- The AppZen Team --
Our most popular posts & articles from 2016:
What Business Leaders Need to Know About Artificial Intelligence
- The Current State of Machine Intelligence (Bloomberg Beta) -- ...what's the biggest change in the last year? Instead of investors and academics, we're overwhelmingly hearing from existing companies trying to figure out how to transform their businesses using machine intelligence...
- How Robotic Process Automation can take your business to the next level (AppZen, PwC) -- ...when combined with artificial intelligence tools, such as AppZen and ReceiptIQ™, automation can make significant positive changes to a company’s bottom line...
- How to Tell If Machine Learning Can Solve Your Business Problem (Harvard Business Review)
- Why AI, Machine Learning Will Become Mainstream in 2017 (eWeek)
- Outlook on Artificial Intelligence in the Enterprise (Narrative Science)
The Impact of Artificial Intelligence on Corporate Compliance
- Transforming Compliance with Artificial Intelligence (Corporate Compliance Insights, AppZen)
- Managing Compliance Risk: How the FCPA Can Be Harmful to Your Business (AppZen)
- How Advancements In AI Can Benefit Your Business (Corporate Compliance Insights, AppZen)
2017 Conferences for Artificial Intelligence in Business:
- CB Insights Innovation Summit: Jan 10-12, 2017; Santa Barbara, CA
- Global Artificial Intelligence Conference: Jan 19-21, 2017; Santa Clara, CA
- Smart Data 2017: Jan 30 - Feb 1, 2017; Redwood City, CA
- The O'Reilly AI Conference: June 26-29, 2017; New York, NY
- The AI Summit San Francisco: Sept 27-28, 2017; San Francisco, CA